Sunday, August 23, 2020

Puzzle #15: Guest Puzzle by Rachel Fabi



I couldn't be more thrilled to be featuring Rachel Fabi on Brain Candy today! Just a couple of weeks ago she dazzled us with her grid at Lollapuzzoola (and her midi on the sidsgrids.com takeover!), so I'm totally honored to get to feature her here today. I'm also just a big fan of her work overall! This is a really fun puzzle and, in my eyes, also a really big mood. Enjoy! :)

Today is also a very special day for me because this post is my 100th post here on Brain Candy! There have been 113 puzzles in just over 100 days and I truly cannot believe it. It feels like both yesterday and also a very long time ago that I took this on, and now this site -- like everything else -- has become suspended in the time warp that is 2020. Moving forward from here, I will likely pull back a hair from my daily posts in order to open up my time to work on a puzzle project I'm very excited about (and hope you will be too). You can expect a full-sized grid on Sunday, Theatre Thursday (of course), and a few midis throughout the week. Probably weekly variety puzzles as well. I'd love to hear any feedback anyone has regarding things you've enjoyed and/or anything you'd like to see more of or less of here. Looking forward to the next 100 days 😊🧩

Here's Rachel: I pitched this theme to a few more mainstream outlets and received a resounding "no you cannot run a [four-letter word]-themed puzzle in our esteemed publication," so I knew it was going to be indie or bust! This is my first indie-blog puzzle, and I'm super grateful to Amanda for being so excited about my pitch for the opportunity to publish a puzzle on her site. Out of respect and admiration for Amanda's brand, I tried to lean in on musical theater in the clues whenever I could. Hope you enjoy solving it as much I enjoyed making it!

.puz file

No comments:

Post a Comment