Saturday, September 4, 2021

This Puzzle Funds Abortion -- Bonus Puzzle 4 (Rafkin & Husic)

 

Sometimes it can feel really tough to know where to start when you want to help, so when someone gives me a concrete action that I can take, whether it's donating money, giving my time, or even making puzzles, I find myself really grateful for the opportunity. In this case, I owe a big thank you to Rachel Fabi (@FaBioethics) for organizing this brilliant fundraiser. Lately, I've found myself feeling frustrated by the number of conversations that have made basic elements of healthcare (be it vaccinations, abortion access, or other) feel like fodder for debate or an outlet for one to turn their personal feelings into litigation or action that affects the health and lives of others in a negative way. I hope there is a way forward and out of this mentality -- one where we can access more empathy, open-mindedness, and a renewed trust in science and the people who have literally spent their entire lives studying this stuff so that we can be as safe and healthy as possible.

To see more of what Rachel has put together, including the puzzle pack released to raise money to fund abortion + all the bonus puzzles that have been released this week as more money has been raised, head on over to Just Gridding!. That link will take you to the puzzle pack, and the bonus puzzles can be found on the site's main page. 

I love this puzzle that me and Brooke made. I hope that you love it too. Fun fact: many months ago, Brooke and I both individually made separate puzzles with 29-Across as the seed -- ON THE SAME WEEKEND. I had already been looking for evidence that we were BPFF (best puzzle friends forever, obviously), and I think that was exactly the proof that I was looking for. As they always are, this collab was an absolute joy and I'm honored to see our names side by side yet again. Happy solving!

PS: Happy Bey Day to our collective queen Beyoncé.

.puz file

1 comment: